At Con Registration
Registration will be located in the 2300 Lobby, near the escalators. Everyone must pick up their own badge!
Please bring some sort of ID with you, such as a passport, driver’s license, or state ID card.
Current hours (subject to change) for Registration are:
Monday 8/15: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM (pre-registered members only)
Tuesday 8/16: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM (pre-registered members only)
Wednesday 8/17: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM (everyone)
Thursday 8/18: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM (everyone)
Friday, 8/19: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM (everyone)
Saturday, 8/20: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM (everyone)
Sunday, 8/21: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM (everyone)
How to Register for MidAmeriCon II
Online Registration closed on August 5. There are memberships available at the door.
Although memberships are not refundable, you can transfer your membership to someone else. You can initiate a membership transfer by writing a letter including the member’s postal mailing address and the name, email address and postal address of the person to whom you are transferring the membership. The person receiving the transfer should bring a copy of the transfer letter to Registration.
The following membership types are available at the door:
- Attending – $240.
- Conversion to Attending – the price for converting your Supporting membership into an Attending membership is $190 (the difference between the cost of a Supporting membership and the current Attending membership price of $240).
- Supporting – $50
- Active Duty Military – At the door for Military will be $120.
- Young Adult – (16th birthday on or before 17 August, 2016 but will not have 26th birthday on or before 17 August, 2016) at the door: $120.
- Day Rates for Active Duty Military and Young Adult are: Wed $20, Thur/Fri/Sat are each $35, Sun $20
- Child – (age 6 to 15 as of August 17, 2016) at the door Cost is $60.
- Day Rates for Child – Wed $15, Thurs/Fri/Sat are each $25, Sun $15
- Kid-in-Tow – A Kid-in-Tow pass allows a child no more than 5 years old at the time of the convention to attend the convention in the company of a member. Free
- Weekend Rate – We offer a Fri-Sun weekend rate for $150 (weekend rate only allows for attendance at the convention, does not include voting rights).
- Day Rates – We offer the following one day rates, Wed is $40, Thur/Fri/Sat are each $70, Sun is $40 (day rates only allow attendance at the convention, do not include voting rights).
- Installment Plan – Closed
- Press Credentials – Closed
Why Is It Called a Membership and Not a Ticket?
Each World Science Fiction Convention (“Worldcon”) is funded by memberships and supported by its members that given year. Membership in this event entitles you to partake in all the features of that Worldcon. You can read about membership in the World Science Fiction Society (WSFS) here. (Note that single day passes that are made available closer to the convention do not include the rights of a Supporting membership such as voting rights for the site of a subsequent Worldcon, nominating and voting in the Hugo Awards, or receiving any Hugo nominees packet that the convention might produce.)
Your Attending membership covers not only convention programming but also events like the Hugo Awards Ceremony and the Masquerade as well as entry to a special exhibits hall, viewing and bidding on genre art in the Art Show, receiving the publications the Worldcon produces, and enjoying the many other services a Worldcon provides. It also allows you to nominate and vote in the Hugo Awards. It is your voice that decides who gets nominated and who wins! Your presence helps make every Worldcon unique and different and your support will help us deliver a fantastic event covering the many different areas of science fiction and fantasy fandom.
Your membership is a key that opens the door to the wonder and tradition of Worldcon. Come and join us, we’ve been expecting you!