MidAmeriCon II Policies and Code of Conduct
MidAmeriCon II Code of Conduct
MidAmeriCon II exists for the enjoyment and enrichment of the fannish community. Although we believe our members and attendees as a whole are rational and responsible adults, our Code of Conduct seeks to ensure that the behavior of any person or group does not disturb the membership as a whole or detract from the relaxed and comfortable atmosphere of our events. For details, see the full Code of Conduct page. To report a problem at the convention, contact Con HQ at 816-400-8441. If the problem is with another member of the convention, or relates to a code of conduct violation, you can contact the Incident Response Team directly. More detailed information about our Incident Response Team is available.
- No real or dangerous weapon, or any item that can be mistaken for one, may be carried at any time in the Kansas City Convention Center or within other hotel areas under the control of MidAmeriCon II. A “dangerous weapon” is defined as “any weapon that is readily capable of lethal use.”
- The Convention Center will have a security station in the main lobby to inspect prop weapons for compliance with the center’s policy. A prop weapon that is realistic in appearance must be inspected and tagged by the Convention Center’s inspection check station in the main lobby. Any prop weapon that is carried in the Convention Center must be submitted for inspection; any person carrying a prop weapon that has not been inspected will be directed to the lobby or asked to remove the prop weapon from the center.
- All realistic weapons must be brought to Convention Headquarters (ConHQ) located in the exhibit hall (there will be signs) to be peace-bonded. If you are unsure whether your weapon might be considered realistic, you must present it to ConHQ, which is the final arbiter of which weapons require peace-bonding.
- No functional projectile weapons, props, or toys are permitted anywhere in the Convention Center or other MidAmeriCon II convention space, regardless of whether they are peace bonded.
- Any prop or realistic weapon purchased in the Dealers’ Room, or any item purchased that could be mistaken for one, must be wrapped and immediately transported out of the Convention Center, and may not be carried in the center unless it is first inspected as specified in items 2 and 3.
- If you are competing in the Masquerade and you have concerns about whether a prop or realistic weapon that you intend to use as part of your presentation will be permitted into the Convention Center, you must contact the Masquerade director as early as possible.
- Any person who displays or brandishes a prop, real, or realistic weapon, or any item that can be mistaken for one, in a threatening or harmful manner may have their MidAmeriCon II membership revoked without refund, be expelled from the Convention Center, and could be subject to arrest.
MidAmeriCon II believes that if you follow the above rules, you should not have a problem with the Convention Center policy. However, if you are told that your weapon is not allowed, by the Convention Center or MidAmeriCon II staff, you will need to immediately return it to your hotel room or car. Any item which is prohibited by governing law is prohibited under this policy.
Membership Refund & Transfer Policy
Although memberships are not refundable, you can transfer your membership to someone else. You can initiate a membership transfer by writing a letter including the member’s postal mailing address and the name, email address and postal address of the person to whom you are transferring the membership. The person receiving the transfer should bring a copy of the transfer letter to Registration.
MidAmeriCon II will never sell any information that we gather to anyone for any reason.
We never keep any credit card information. We use Mijireh to securely process your credit card information and that information resides on their secure PCI compliant server.
We will retain your name, home address, and email address to process your membership request and enable you to participate as a member of MidAmeriCon II. This includes passing the information to the 2017 Worldcon to enable you to exercise your Hugo Award(TM) nomination rights.
About MidAmeriCon II
- MidAmeriCon II is the 74th World Science Fiction Convention.
- It will occur in Kansas City, Missouri on August 17-21, 2016.
- MidAmeriCon II is sponsored by MASFFC, Inc., a 501(c)(3) organization.