The Kansas City Convention Center requires that no food or beverage be served in the convention center without Aramark’s express permission.
Aramark has agreed that we can serve snacks at our parties and in our hospitality area as long as we follow the Four Golden Guidelines, which are:
- Salty snacks like chips, popcorn, snack mix, nuts, mini‐snack sized pretzels
- Assortment of soft drinks (cans or bottles)
- Bottled water
- Small desserts, candies, cookies, fruit
So far, Aramark has given their express permission for some items and expressly disapproved others.
SNACKS APPROVED BY ARAMARK
- Cut vegetables & fruits
- Cheese & crackers
- Chips – potato, corn, tortilla, etc.
- Dips & salsas
- M & Ms (bowls or bags)
- Bite‐sized wrapped candies
- Unwrapped candy (large chocolate bars, for example)
- Nuts (bowls of)
- Cookies (including biscotti)
- Bottled water
- Assorted soft drinks
EXAMPLES OF FOODS NOT ALLOWED BY ARAMARK
- Chicken wings
- Egg rolls
- Cocktail hot dogs/Swedish meatballs
If you have something you would like to serve and think that it falls within Aramark’s definition of snack but don’t see it listed, send your suggestion to email@example.com and we’ll see if we can get it added to the approved list.
ARAMARK CATERING MENU
Of course, you can also arrange to serve items other than snacks and sodas through Aramark. You can access their catering menu at Aramark Catering Menu.
To order from the catering menu, send your order to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Aramark Catering Order” in the subject line. For questions or more information about the catering menu or how to order from the catering menu, send email to the same address and put “Aramark Catering Questions” in the subject line.
- Under no circumstances are we (and that means you) allowed to serve alcohol ourselves; that is the sole province of Aramark and their bartenders, their liquor license, and their liability insurance.
- If you have a particular and unique alcoholic beverage that you would like to have at your party that is not available locally or cannot be provided through Aramark’s distributor, write to us at email@example.com and we will submit your request to Aramark. However, note that even if Aramark approves your request, you must still arrange for an Aramark bartender to serve it.
- If you want alcohol at your party, you can choose either a hosted bar (you pay the tab) or a cash bar (the guests pays for their own drinks). You might want to take into consideration, if you are not serving a specialty beverage, that alcohol will be available for purchase at the Con Suite bar until the exhibit hall closes. To arrange for a bar of either type with an Aramark bartender for your party, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Bartender Questions” in the subject line.